Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bucket List Board


We will be moving soon.  And I'm panicked because there's still so much I want to see and do before we go.

Three years ago, we moved to Carmel-by-the-Sea from Chicago.  Now we're going back to Chicago for my husband's job.  I'm not ready to leave.  I'm a little regretful that I didn't make the most of my time in California.    

We've been to Yosemite (twice), Lake Tahoe, and wine country.  And took dozens of hikes and day trips to Big Sur, but there's more I want to do.  I thought for sure I would've learned to surf by now!  Kidding, I have no interest in learning to surf.  That's not on the bucket list.  

I will admit though, I thought I'd move here and become some cool, laid-back California girl (hence the surfing comment) and not the boring, wholesome Midwesterner that I really am.  I thought that by moving somewhere completely different that I would become completely different.  But as the saying goes, "no matter where you go, there you are".  

Sorry.  I got off track. This is supposed to be a post about a craft project, and not self-reflection.  Anyway, as I was saying . . .  

For the next month, I am determined to make up for lost time and do some of the things I've been putting off.  I decided to create this bucket list board to keep me focused and inspired.  Instead of spending my days doing the usual stuff like work, errands, watching TV, and Facebook, I hope to have fun and explore.  I have three years worth of activities to cram into the next few weeks.  I'll let you know how it goes.

The supplies were purchased from Michael's and included a bulletin board, brown card stock, Martha Stewart alphabet stencils, white acrylic craft paint, and jute twine (I never heard of "jute" until now).  I originally planned to make the triangles out of burlap but decided to go cheap and use card stock instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment