Saturday, November 2, 2013

Witches Dinner

So, I mentioned in my last post that I decided to throw a little witches dinner party.  It didn't end up being much of a party though.  There were only three of us.

My husband and I were in the middle of a mini kitchen remodel, and I was worried about having a house full of people if our kitchen was in shambles.  So, I just invited four of my closest girlfriends from college, but only two could attend.  Even though it wasn't a rip roaring party, it was nice to catch up with old with friends.  Plus I had LOTS of fun decorating and getting creative.

I made the signage and food labels myself (except for the wine labels).  I also did some of the baking.  But my husband had to cook dinner.  Cooking is not my thing.  I can do it if I have to, but not while also trying to entertain guests.  I can't multitask while cooking.  I can only cook if I have zero distractions.  Otherwise I get super flustered and stressed.  Anyway, here are some of the party pics . . .














Casting spells!

I invited my friends using this e-invitation I found at Punchbowl.  It was super cute but I changed the wording to say something like "Get On Your Broom and Fly on Over".  Next year I plan to invite more people.  I also have a lot more creative decorating ideas!

I don't plan on doing any Thanksgiving decorating or entertaining this year, so I'll have to come up with some other blog topics for November.  Hmmmm . . . what to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment