Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easter Excess

Easter brunch at our house!
 
I purchased the food and beverage labels on Etsy from Cupcake Express at  http://www.etsy.com/shop/cupcakeexpress.  
These donut hole labels are from Martha Stewart and can be found at http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/225202/donut-hole-and-jelly-labels-how.  The design is actually pink and white, but I printed them in black and white onto green paper so it would match my color scheme.  Unfortunately, the wording isn't customizable.  I say unfortunately because . . . do you know how hard it was to find cinnamon sugar donut holes?!?!  Geez, not a popular flavor.  I went to several different bakeries and no one had them.  I finally found a donut shop willing to make them for me.
The food labels came blank so I added the descriptions using my home computer and printer.
This adorable carrot basket is from Beverly's craft store.  
The food and beverage labels were purchased from Etsy, but I made the carrot banner and framed artwork myself using free clipart I found here carrot clipart (banner) and here carrot clipart (framed artwork).  I also made the tissue paper pom poms (you can see how in my "Kissing Booth" post).  The backdrop is a foam core board that I wrapped in green craft paper.
The quintessential Easter treat!
Somebunny loves you!
I made these photo props using free clipart I found here http://www.firstpalette.com/tool_box/printables/bunnymask.html.
Bought this cute little sign at Ross even though it didn't fit my green and orange carrot theme.
I had a mini egg hunt for our one and only child guest.  The sign is from Target.

I dubbed this post "Easter Excess" because I went way overboard.  I created all these decorations before I even decided to have a party.  I did the same thing with my kissing booth.  I tend to make decorations and party plans, yet I'm not actually having a party.  To be honest, I like (and am much better at) crafting and styling more than playing hostess, and definitely more than cooking (which is why you'll rarely see recipes on here!).  Plus, we don't know a lot of people in our area since moving here a couple years ago.  So, we have a limited number of people to invite anyway.  That said, we were able to round up two other couples and one toddler to join us for Easter brunch.  It was an eggcellent little party! 


No comments:

Post a Comment