Monday, September 17, 2012

Kitschy Kitchen Stuff

In preparation for our move, I've been doing lots of sorting and organizing (followed by numerous trips to Goodwill).  As I was going through our kitchen cabinets, I started noticing my abundance of wacky serverware.  This pic doesn't show half of it.  I also have plates shaped like pizza slices, a musical cake stand, a chip and dip set that looks like a swimming pool and hot tub . . . and the list goes on and on.  I was going to post a pic of each item and include a link to where you could buy your own - - assuming anyone shares my tacky taste - - but unfortunately, most of this stuff isn't sold anymore.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I don't know if they were so wildly popular that they sold out, or were discontinued because no one wanted them.  Hmmmm.  I think I know the answer.  Even though you can no longer buy these exact items, I included links below to some of my favorite shops that sell similar quirky things.  

Uncommon Goods

Swoozies


Fake Food Oline (all fake but looks so real!)

Retro Planet


By the way, I mentioned above about my numerous trips to Goodwill.  None of my kitschy stuff went to Goodwill.  I like it too much.  I also mentioned my musical cake stand.  I took a little video so you can see it in full effect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment