Sunday, September 15, 2013

Guest Bedroom - Italian B&B Inspiration

I can't believe I'm doing yet another post about our guest room.  I mean, for a room so small and inconsequential how can I possibly have more to say?  But I do, so here I go . . .

In 2009 my husband and I went to Italy.  We stayed at a B&B in Verona called Casa Natura.  It was located in the city but not necessarily in a great tourist location.  It looked like a gritty old apartment building from the outside.  Very sketchy, actually.  But once inside the gate, it was SO lovely and enchanting.  I loved it.  I can't stop thinking about that place.

Ever since we stayed there, I had the idea to someday make a guest room look like that.  Ethereal and cozy with lots of beige and white.  Something calm and dreamy.  And a little bit shabby chic.

Here are some photos of this place that I find so inspiring . . .

Source:  Casa Natura.
Source:  Casa Natura.
Source:  Casa Natura.
This was the room where we stayed.  Source:  Casa Natura.
Source:  Casa Natura.
The breakfast room.

I loved all the little touches too.  Like this fruit plate, and the teddy bear on the bed . . .



Our guest room looks nothing like this place, but hopefully someday I can create a similar vibe.  Although who am I kidding?  There's no way our average suburban house in the Midwest could ever feel like a charming Italian Bed & Breakfast.  I'll give it a shot though.


P.S.  Remember how I said it looked liked a gritty old apartment building on the outside?  Well, see for yourself.  That big garbage dumpster out front doesn't help.  Hard to believe there was so much loveliness behind those walls!



No comments:

Post a Comment