Friday, September 20, 2013

Huggies & Chuggies

My husband's sister had her first baby last month.  Of course I bought gifts for her and the baby, but below is the gift I got my beer lovin' brother in-law . . .





It was a super simple gift.  Just a pack of beer and a bag of diapers, but I tried to make it creative by adding funny and inspiring messages to each diaper.  Unfortunately, writing on diapers with a marker didn't look so good so I used stickers instead.


I would've preferred to handwrite the messages, but it looked messy and was hard to read.  I used the stickers but worried they might fall off and get stuck to that soft, delicate baby skin.  Ouch!  I told my sister and brother in-law to remove the stickers before using them.  Just in case.  It was really more of a novelty gift anyway - - thought it might be nice to read a funny message when up at 3:00 a.m. changing yet another diaper.  Figured they might need a laugh or some encouraging words at some point.

I made the "Huggies & Chuggies" label for the gift bag using free clipart I found online.  And bought the best beer I could find.  FYI - apparently this Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA is awesome, according to my husband.

I feel like this was a useful gift (both the diapers and the beer) for a new dad.  I bought my sister in-law a mani/pedi gift card thinking she might need some pampering after birthing a human.  And for the baby, I bought these closet dividers and clothes for each age range . . .

Source:  GinaMarieOriginals at Etsy.
This will help organize all the clothes I plan to buy her over the years.  Baby girl clothes are irresistible.

I don't have a lot of opportunities to buy baby stuff, so this was really fun.  I would love to someday throw a baby shower because I have lots of ideas (my favorite being a Pickles & Ice Cream theme).

I have a lot of party ideas in general, but so few occasions to throw them.  Plus, I don't know enough people to invite.  I'm sure my 3 or 4 closest girlfriends will eventually get tired of attending my silly theme parties.  Maybe I'll throw fake parties just for this blog so I can take pictures and post it.  Is that weird?  You people can be my virtual guests until I make more real friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment