Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Halloween Head Start!



I love decorating for Halloween.  It's my favorite holiday.  The only decorating I've done so far, though, is the fireplace mantel.  Below is what it looks like without candlelight and Instagram  . . .


I've had that witch for years.  I bought it at a small boutique in Chicago for about $150 -$200.  I can't remember the exact price, but I know it was more than I should've spent back when I had very little extra money.  That shows how much I love Halloween.  I spent $200 that I barely had on a silly witch.  At the time, I justified it by saying it was folk art which seemed more acceptable than spending $200 on a Halloween decoration.

Anyway, I made the "Happy Halloween" banner on my computer.  The only thing I bought new were the orange candles.

Not quite sure what other decorating I'll do this year.  I have a ton of Halloween stuff, but think I should scale back.  I tend to put everything out at once and it looks like a total mess.  This year, I think I'll be more refined.  Maybe go for a sophisticated and elegant look.  If that's even possible.  Halloween isn't exactly synonymous with sophistication and elegance.  Unless your Martha Stewart, I guess.  Which I'm definitely not.

While I figure out what to do next, I thought I'd share some pics of my Halloween decorating from the past.  I used to think my decorating was so cute and creative until I discovered Pinterest and saw what cute and creative really is.  Regardless, I'll still share these photos with you.  Even if they're not Pinterest worthy.


Sidenote:  Sorry for the poor photo quality on some of these.  Most of the photos I post on here were taken way before I decided to start a blog.  Plus, I didn't use our good camera.  Just my iPhone.


I don't have the patience for painting, so I used stickers.







A vacuum is a modern witch's broom.


I made these using white lunch sacks and a black Sharpie.

I filled them with kitty litter and a LED tealight.


I bought this at the same boutique where I bought the witch.  Although it isn't really a Halloween decoration because I keep it up all year.


Well, it isn't even October yet so I'm bound to have more Halloween posts in the next few weeks.  It's my favorite holiday, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment